The RAYC currently offers bookings for two boats: St Barbara V and Bombardier III. Bookings can now be made using our new online booking system that simplifies Club administration, and ensures that the Club meets important legal and boat insurance requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: 1) Both boats are booking up fast for the season with member's bookings and a busy Adventure Training program; 2) New charter rates for the season 2018/2019 have now been approved by the committee and are designed to encourage greater overall usage of the boats.
Key Conditions for the New Boat Booking System
- Boats can only be booked by club members with the minimum qualifications to skipper either boat.
- For insurance purposes, crew lists must be provided on booking or prior to departure using the online crew lists.
- We request a payment of 50% to secure the booking and the final payment within 14 days of departure.
- All payments are to be made using PayPal (although you don't need a PayPal account to use this service).
- Payments include include gas usage, oil skins and boots as required.
- If oil skins and boots are required, please make request 48 hours before sailing using the online crew list.
- Even for short charters, boats must be returned full of fuel (and add details to the logbook).
- For further information, please refer to Booking Terms and Conditions.
If you require help or have any questions please contact the Boat Booking Secretary.
Bombardier III is a Halberg-Rassy 342 with 6 berths. People booking her must have a minimum sailing qualification of Day Skipper (see terms and conditions including crew requirements and sailing restrictions). From 1st November 2018, the weekend charter rate is £175 per day for summer weekends (1 April – 30 Sep) and £150 for winter weekends (Jan-Mar and Oct-Dec). The mid-week rate (all season) is now £75 per day.
St Barbara V
Barbara V is Rustler 42 with 9 berths. People booking her must have a C* rating (see terms and conditions including crew requirements and sailing restrictions). From 1st November 2018, the weekend charter rates is £225 per day for summer weekends (1 April – 30 Sep) and £155 for winter weekends (Jan-Mar and Oct-Dec). The mid-week rate (all season) remains at £155 per day.
Please note that St Barbara will be entering the Tall Ships Race this season and will return to Gosport on the 10th August. Bookings for w/c 12th August are still available but there is a chance that she may not be fit for charter.