The RAYC currently offers bookings for two boats: St Barbara V and Bombardier III. Bookings for the 2020 season (January to December) can be made using the online booking system that helps to simplify Club administration, and ensures that the Club meets important legal and boat insurance requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Booked boats can be taken from 18.00 hrs on the day before your first charter date. They must be returned full of fuel and water, by 15.00 hrs on the last day of your charter. Please contact the duty Bosun if you want to discuss any changes to your boat charter pick-up and drop-off timings.
Key Conditions for Boat Bookings
- Boats can only be booked by club members with the minimum qualifications to skipper either boat.
- For insurance purposes, crew lists must be provided on booking or prior to departure using the online crew lists.
- We request a payment of 50% to secure the booking and the final payment within 14 days of departure.
- All payments are to be made using Go Cardless or PayPal (you don't need a PayPal account to use this service)
- Summer bookings (1st April to 30th September) are subject to a minimum booking of two consecutive days / nights.
- Payments include include gas usage, oil skins and boots as required.
- If oil skins and boots are required, please make request 48 hours before sailing using the online crew list.
- Even for short charters, boats must be returned full of fuel (and add details of fuel payments into the logbook).
- Skipper's can be liable for damage repair costs due to negligence or if they use a boat without the correct qualifications / crew.
For further conditions and information, please refer to Booking Terms and Conditions.
If you require help or have any questions please contact the Boat Booking Secretary.
Bombardier III is a Halberg-Rassy 342 with 6 berths. People booking her must have a minimum sailing qualification of Day Skipper (see terms and conditions including crew requirements and sailing restrictions). Fee rates for the 2020 season are unchanged versus the 2019 season. The weekend charter rate is £175 per day for summer weekends (1 April 30 Sep) and £150 for winter weekends (Jan-Mar and Oct-Dec). The mid-week rate (all season) is just £75 per day.
St Barbara V
Barbara V is Rustler 42 with 9 berths. People booking her must have a C* rating (see terms and conditions including crew requirements and sailing restrictions). Fee rates for the 2020 season are unchanged versus the 2019 season. The weekend charter rates is £225 per day for summer weekends (1 April 30 Sep) and £155 for winter weekends (Jan-Mar and Oct-Dec). The mid-week rate (all season) remains at £155 per day.
Please note - if you want to book St B in late August, please be aware that she is entering the Tall Ships Race and may not be fit for charter at this time.