The RAYC currently offers bookings for two boats: St Barbara V and Bombardier III. Bookings for the 2020 season (January to December) can be made using the online booking system that helps to simplify Club administration, and ensures that the Club meets important legal and boat insurance requirements.
COVID-19 BOAT BOOKING UPDATE 14th AUGUST - MULTI-HOUSEHOLD SAILINGBased on latest guidance from the RYA, Club members can continue to make bookings for overnight charters, and if strict guidelines are followed, there is now scope for sailing with crews from multiple households. Further details are available by clicking on Commodore's Covid-19 Update and latest guidance from the RYA. In addition, all future charters are still subject to the additional COVID terms and conditions that skippers MUST follow:
1. EXTRA CLEANING: At the end of each charter, the crew must carry out additional cleaning tasks in line with COVID cleaning SOPs. This includes the spraying of all boat surfaces using an anti-viral spray (cleaning equipment and sprays will be provided). Prior to departure, skippers are requested to send a text / email message to the Bosuns, confirming that they have understood these requirements. Boat cleaning SOPs are available at https://www.gunnersailing.com/page/club-boats.
2. REDUCED EQUIPMENT: To facilitate cleaning and to mitigate the risk of virus contamination, with the exception of lifejackets and harnesses, no sailing clothing or boots will be made available to crews. In addition, there will be limited galley equipment / utensils on the boats during this period. Speak to the Bosuns to confirm what is and isn't available.
3. COVID CLEAR DECLARATION: In addition to confirmation of Boat SOPs, skippers MUST send a text / email message to the Bosuns to declare that they and their crew are free of any Covid-19 symptoms. This declaration must be made prior to departure and within 12 hours of returning to the home mooring in Gosport.
4. GOVERNMENT COVID GUIDELINES: It is the responsibility of the skipper and the crew to ensure that the charter is conducted in line with the latest Government guidance on social distancing.
5. RYA COVID GUIDELINES: When sailing (or motoring), in order to reduce risks of placing any unnecessary strain on RNLI and emergency services, skippers MUST follow Covid-19 advice from the RYA. This requires skippers to be more conservative with their plans, and to be even more considerate of other water users.
6. CHARTER HANDOVERS: Skippers are to contact the Bosuns prior to departure to confirm handover details. It is assumed that experienced skippers will NOT require a Bosun to be present either at the start or completion of the charter. For qualified skippers who are less familiar with the boats, handovers can be completed with Bosuns at a "social distance".
All other boat booking terms and conditions remain in place, including the requirement to complete an online crew list PRIOR to departure. The terms also include an updated condition from the recent AGM, that limits any individual member / family from making more than two advanced summer bookings (1st Apr to 30th Sep) for a maximum of 2 weekends, or no more than 14 days in total (see terms para 6).
If you have any questions, please email the Boat Booking Secretary.
St Barbara V
St Barbara V is Rustler 42 with 9 berths. People booking her must have a C* rating (see terms and conditions including crew requirements and sailing restrictions). Due to a change in 2020 summer sailing plans, for the remainder of 2020, her mid-week day rate is reduced to £95. The weekend charter is unchanged at £225 per day for summer weekends (1 April 30 Sep) and £155 for winter weekends (Jan-Mar and Oct-Dec).
Bombardier III is a Halberg-Rassy 342 with 6 berths. People booking her must have a minimum sailing qualification of Day Skipper (see terms and conditions including crew requirements and sailing restrictions). Fee rates for the 2020 season are unchanged versus the 2019 season. The weekend charter rate is £175 per day for summer weekends (1 April 30 Sep) and £150 for winter weekends (Jan-Mar and Oct-Dec). The mid-week rate (all season) is just £75 per day.