OS RAYC Regatta
RAYC OFFSHORE REGATTA 6-8 SEP 19 - CALLING NOTICE
1. General.The RAYC Offshore Regatta will take place in Yarmouth, Isle of Wight, over the weekend 6-8 Sep 19. The Offshore Regatta is an organised weekend of racing open to all yachts and includes a dinner in the Royal Solent Yacht Club.This year we will also be celebrating the retirement of our Admiral and the 70th anniversary of our affiliation with the Royal Solent Yacht Club.
2. Offshore Regatta Entry.The Offshore Regatta is open to individual and unit entries. The entry fee is £40 and can be completed online, entry will only be accepted with the correct fee.As with last year, racing on Sun 8 Sep 19 will be a passage race back towards Gilkicker Point, £5 entry is required online.
3. Outline Programme. The Regatta will run as follows:
pm 6 Sep
Possible informal reception at RSYC
Racing off Yarmouth
pm 7 Sep
Dinner at Royal Solent Yacht Club
Return to Home Port and/or Passage Race/Cruise in Company
4. Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions.The Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions will be issued to all entrants, along with confirmation of entry and dinner reservation, NLT 23 Aug 19.They will be available online on the RAYC website https://www.gunnersailing.com and a copy will also be on display in the Royal Solent Yacht Club foyer on Fri 6 Sep 19.
5. Yachts.Ex FASTNET UBIQUE will provide a crew for Bombardier III and the RAYC committee will be entering St Barbara V.Other service sailing clubs and associations may have yachts available to charter, details can be found at http://sailarmy.co.uk/offshore/clubs.html a list of service yachts available for charter can be found at http://sailarmy.co.uk/offshore/charter.html If a group of JSASTC yachts are chartered and wish to enter, a specific 'non racing' event will be organised.Please contact the VC if this interests you.
a.In order to secure a 10% discount, all berths will be booked by the VC and will be walk ashore pontoons unless specifically requested otherwise.Please complete the online entry form identifying which nights you require berthing for.
b.Full details at www.yarmouth-harbour.co.uk, skippers are responsible for paying the Harbour Master direct for all moorings, prior to departure from Yarmouth.
7. Dinner.All are strongly encouraged to attend the prize-giving dinner in the RSYC on Sat 7 Sep 19.The event has become a tradition of the weekend and is highly enjoyable with all crews attending.Seating for dinner at the RSYC is limited to approximately 100 people and reservations will only be confirmed with full payment; again allocation will be on a first come first served basis.Tickets are £35.00 per head for three courses including coffee/mints and an allocation of house wine on each table.Additional drinks will need to be purchased separately.Tables will primarily be laid for a maximum of eight and requests for specific seating allocation (groups of yachts) will be accommodated if possible.Dress for dinner is jacket and tie although shirt and tie is acceptable if your crew do not possess jackets – the spirit is to get as many of the fleet as possible to attend.Those who opt not to attend dinner or are unable to do so because of ticket availability are still encouraged to attend the RSYC for the prize-giving beforehand.This year you will be able to order your dinner choice online, the choices are:
(1) Warm Goats Cheese Salad with Marinated Beetroot
(2) Leek & Potato Soup with Crusty Bread
b. Main Course:
(1) Chicken Supreme with a Creamy Dijon Mustard Sauce
(2) Sea bream Fillets with Beurre Blanc
(1) Fresh Fruit Pavlova
(2) Sticky Toffee & Date Pudding with a Caramel Sauce & Vanilla Ice Cream
d. Any special requests (Veg / GF etc) should be made to the Vice-Commodore NLT 21 Aug 19.
8 Trophies.The Bantry, Bhopal, Morgan and Nawabzada Cup races will be sailed on Sat 9 Sep 17, details of which will be in the Notice of Race.The Golden Jubilee Trophy may be awarded at the discretion of the committee to yachts competing within the Bhopal or Bantry fleets for special endeavours that are deemed deserving of special recognition.The Challenger Trophy may be awarded at the discretion of the committee to yachts entered by a Regiment or RA establishment team in the STW for best act of seamanship, special endeavour or any such act deemed appropriate.Full rules will be issued in the Notice of Race.
a. The committee will adjust the entries as necessary to form two roughly equal sized fleets competing for the BANTRY and BHOPAL Cups.Faster yachts will be entered for the BANTRY CUP.If there are sufficient yachts with a wide range of TCF then it may be possible to create three classes, details will be confirmed in the Race Instructions.
b. The CHALLENGER and JUBILEE TROPHIES will be competed for within the races (as discretionary awards for special endeavour). The ADMIRAL'S and TRIFLE Cups will be awarded to the winning crew and runners up, respectively, for regimental yachts.
9. Contact details.Vice-Commodore – Lt Col N C Webber MBE RA
a. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Mob:07971 267232
a. It is essential that we encourage more Regt'l entries to the RAYC Regatta.If I can be of any assistance in organising your entry, help find a yacht, if you have any questions or if you wish to volunteer as a skipper for a Regt'l entry please do not hesitate to get in touch.
b. Closing date for entries into both the STW and Regatta is 21 Aug 19.
c. Updates will be passed to skippers and will also be published on the Gunner Sailing Website and on the Gunner Sailing Facebook Page .If you haven't already joined I would encourage you do so, there are numerous useful updates on the RAYC and wider matters posted regularly as well as requests for skippers and various deals available.
N C Webber MBE RA
A.Offshore Regatta Entry Form (The form is part of the attached document if you prefer to make a manuscript entry).