OS RAYC Offshore Regatta
RAYC OFFSHORE REGATTA 4-6 SEP 20 - CALLING NOTICE
To Book please go to the Green Booking Buttons below this Calling Notice
1. General. The RAYC Offshore Regatta will take place in Yarmouth, Isle of Wight, over the weekend 4-6 Sep 20. The Offshore Regatta is an organised weekend of racing open to all yachts and includes a BBQ in the Royal Solent Yacht Club.
2. Offshore Regatta Entry. The Offshore Regatta is open to individual and unit entries. The entry fee is £40 and can be completed online, entry will only be accepted with the correct fee. As with last year, racing on Sun 6 Sep 20 will be a passage race back towards Gilkicker Point, £5 entry is required online.
3. Outline Programme. The Regatta will run as follows:
pm 4 Sep
Possible informal reception at RSYC / pub of choosing
Racing off Yarmouth
pm 5 Sep
BBQ at Royal Solent Yacht Club
Return to Home Port and/or Passage Race/Cruise in Company
4. Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions. The Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions will be issued to all entrants, along with confirmation of entry and dinner reservation, NLT 26 Aug 20. They will be available online on the RAYC website https://www.gunnersailing.com and a copy will also be on display in the Royal Solent Yacht Club foyer on Fri 4 Sep 20.
5. Yachts. The Admiral will provide a crew on Bombardier III and the RAYC committee will be entering St Barbara V. Other service sailing clubs and associations may have yachts available to charter, details can be found at http://sailarmy.co.uk/offshore/clubs.html a list of service yachts available for charter can be found at http://sailarmy.co.uk/offshore/charter.html
a. In order to secure a 10% discount, all berths will be booked by the VC and will be walk ashore pontoons unless specifically requested otherwise. Please complete the online entry form identifying which nights you require berthing for.
b. Full details at www.yarmouth-harbour.co.uk, skippers are responsible for paying the Harbour Master direct for all moorings, prior to departure from Yarmouth.
7. Dinner. All members are strongly encouraged to attend the prize-giving BBQ in the RSYC on Sat 5 Sep 20. The annual dinner has become a tradition of the weekend and is highly enjoyable with all crews attending, it is hoped that a BBQ will be just as much fun and fully compliant with social distancing advice. Tickets are £25.00 per head for the BBQ (note this is the correct price not the price in the email). Additional drinks will need to be purchased separately. Dress for the BBQ is more relaxed than usual and will be planters or equivalent - the spirit is to get as many of the fleet as possible to attend. Those who opt not to attend dinner or are unable to do so because of ticket availability are still encouraged to attend the RSYC for the prize-giving beforehand. The menu is:
6oz IW Beef Burger in a Brioche Bun
Locally Made Welsh Dragon Sausage
Cajun Chicken Escalope
Sweetcorn and Mixed Bean Salad
Mixed Leaf Salad with Pomegranate Seeds
Summer Coleslaw with a Herb and Mustard Dressing
Black Pepper & Sea Salt Roasted New Potatoes
Lemon & Lime Posset with a Ginger Crunch Topping
Any special requests (Veg / GF etc) should be made to the Vice-Commodore NLT 26 Aug 20.
8 Trophies.The Bantry, Bhopal, Morgan and Nawabzada Cup races will be sailed on Sat 5 Sep 20, details of which will be in the Notice of Race. The Golden Jubilee Trophy may be awarded at the discretion of the committee to yachts competing within the Bhopal or Bantry fleets for special endeavours that are deemed deserving of special recognition. The Challenger Trophy may be awarded at the discretion of the committee to yachts entered by a Regiment or RA establishment team in the STW for best act of seamanship, special endeavour or any such act deemed appropriate. Full rules will be issued in the Notice of Race.
a. The committee will adjust the entries as necessary to form two roughly equal sized fleets competing for the BANTRY and BHOPAL Cups. Faster yachts will be entered for the BANTRY CUP. If there are sufficient yachts with a wide range of TCF then it may be possible to create three classes, details will be confirmed in the Race Instructions.
b. The CHALLENGER and JUBILEE TROPHIES will be competed for within the races (as discretionary awards for special endeavour). The ADMIRAL'S and TRIFLE Cups will be awarded to the winning crew and runners up, respectively, for regimental yachts.
9. Contact details. Vice-Commodore Lt Col N C Webber MBE RA
a. E-mail: email@example.com
b. Mob:07971 267232
a. It is essential that we encourage more Regt'l entries to the RAYC Regatta. If I can be of any assistance in organising your entry, help find a yacht, if you have any questions or if you wish to volunteer as a skipper for a Regt'l entry please do not hesitate to get in touch.
b. Closing date for entries into both the STW and Regatta is 25 Aug 20.
c. Updates will be passed to skippers and will also be published on the Gunner Sailing Website and on the Gunner Sailing Facebook Page .If you haven't already joined I would encourage you do so, there are numerous useful updates on the RAYC and wider matters posted regularly as well as requests for skippers and various deals available.
N C Webber MBE RA
- A. Offshore Regatta Entry Form (The form is part of the attached document if you prefer to make a manuscript entry).